Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing the New York Times
The DiPietro Library offers three different ways to access the New York Times.
- We have a site license which allows users with a FPU email account to access it directly from their computers or mobile devices.
- We offer NYT in Education, which is a platform geared specifically for educators.
- The New York Times is still available via the ProQuest database.
New York Times This link opens in a new window
New York Times Archive This link opens in a new window
"Over 150 years of New York Times journalism, as it originally appeared." Archival issues of the NYT from 1852 - 2002.
Why can’t I log in?
You must activate your account from Franklin Pierce University’s network, or by logging in to FPU from off-campus by using the NYT.com Pass link to create an account.
Why am I asked to login on some occasions and not others
Your browser cache or history may have cleared itself. Go to NYTimes.com and log back in.
Does the Site License have any restrictions?
You must have a valid Franklin Pierce University email address to register.
Our access does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords, Times Insider or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices.
Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited. Within this date range, you may only open 5 PDF articles per day.
Where can I get help with the App?
Getting Started using the Site License
The New York Times site license allows FPU students, faculty, and staff to access the NY Times directly after creating an account.
- Click on the NYTimes.com Pass link.
- Create an account using your FPU email address. DO NOT use your FPU password.
- When you see the 'Start Your Access' screen, you have successfully registered.
Once you have activated your account, you can log into your account at NYTimes.com.
To download your free NYTimes smartphone or iPad apps, go to the NYTimes mobile site.
How long does the pass last?
- The pass is good for one year or longer, and can be renewed upon reaching expiration.
How do you renew the pass after reaching expiration?
- Go to AccessNYT.com and search for Franklin Pierce University. Please use the same username and password from NYTimes.com. If password is not known, go to NYTimes.com/forgot to have it reset to your email address used as the NYTimes.com username.
Tip Put a reminder in your calendar for a year from now so you can renew your subscription before you lose access.