The C.R.A.A.P. Test
Evaluate Sources Based on the Following Criteria:
· How recent is the information?
· How recently has the website been updated?
· Is it current enough for your topic?
· What kind of information is included in the resource?
· Is content of the resource primarily opinion? Is is balanced?
· Does the creator provide references or sources for data or quotations?
· Who is the creator or author?
· What are the credentials?
· Who is the published or sponsor?
· Are they reputable?
· What is the publisher's interest (if any) in this information?
· Are there advertisements on the website?
Purpose/Point of View
· Is this fact or opinion?
· Is it biased?
· Is the creator/author trying to sell you something?
(adapted from LOEX 2008 wiki)